Re: I-D ACTION:draft-blanchet-v6ops-routing-guidelines-00.txt

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:10:01AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:

> RFC2772 includes guidelines for *6bone*.  This is offering guidelines
> for more than that.  In that light, if we feel the IETF is the right
> place to give guidance on this, updating is certainly needed.

Well yes, one recommendation is now on filtering 3ffe::/16 prefixes,
at least from 06/06/06 ;)

> As already noted in the IETF/ipv6 lists, it's an open question to what
> degree and how strong guidance the IETF should (or even could) give to
> the operators.

We have BCP in many areas.   As with everything else, nothing can be forced,
so Bill can continue to do as he pleases.

>  - the uppercase keywords are inappropriate and should be removed

I agree.  It is just guidelines.

--
Tim/::1