Re: I-D ACTION:draft-blanchet-v6ops-routing-guidelines-00.txt

Le 05-09-19 à 04:30, Tim Chown a écrit :

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:10:01AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:

RFC2772 includes guidelines for *6bone*. This is offering guidelines for more than that. In that light, if we feel the IETF is the right place to give guidance on this, updating is certainly needed.

Well yes, one recommendation is now on filtering 3ffe::/16 prefixes, at least from 06/06/06 ;)

well, I thought about it, but in fact, after 06/06/06, 3ffe::/16 becomes like any non-allocated prefix.
So:
- before 06/0606, it is a valid prefix
- after 06/06/06, it should be treated as any non-allocated prefix.

so, in fact, if you look at current text, it is already taken care of... ;-))

As already noted in the IETF/ipv6 lists, it's an open question to what
degree and how strong guidance the IETF should (or even could) give to
the operators.

We have BCP in many areas.

you are right, the intented target level of the document was a BCP.

As with everything else, nothing can be forced,
so Bill can continue to do as he pleases.

 - the uppercase keywords are inappropriate and should be removed

I agree. It is just guidelines.

ok.

Marc.

-- Tim/::1