Re: I-D ACTION:draft-blanchet-v6ops-routing-guidelines-00.txt

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Marc Blanchet wrote:
Many folks don't see a problem w/ putting /48 junk etc. in the routing tables, others do. This doc would/could then become a political battleground in the v6 operations community..

Why don't publish what is agreeable as a minimum and then revise it when more experience/more concensus/other tools/... is in.

You mean, after the routing table has already been irreversibly polluted with junk, come back and review our past recommendations?

Sorry, I don't see how that could fly. If we don't recommend (or at least describe the tradeoffs of) filtering at the allocation boundaries, we'd better not produce a document at all because the existance of such a document would be interpreted as the IETF's go-ahead for putting the junk in the routing tables.

- the uppercase keywords are inappropriate and should be removed

you meant because it is not a protocol?

Yes, and because this is not really an area where the IETF can make strict requirements like "must"..

- the doc should probably make RFC2772 historic

I thought about that and I agree. I'm not sure when/how to put it. Include in the document I guess?

Yes, and if you're using XML2RFC, do something like:

<rfc ipr="full3978" category="info" docName="draft-blanchet-v6ops-routing-guidelines-01.txt" obsoletes="2772">