RE: v6ops:IPv4 vs. IPv6 operational costs

Let me refine the original question.

Let's suppose that there is an enterprise using private IPv4 addressing
with NAT/ALG/FW. This enterprise is a service consumer. It doesn't offer
any public service other than a web site describing the organization. It
currently uses a few services that it has managed to get working across
the NAT/ALG. The organization has turned on sparse IPv6 capabilities.
The strategy for initial IPv6 use is to turn on dual stack in the hosts
with intra-site IPv6/IPv4 tunneling to a dual stack exit point.

1. The enterprise wants to use a new corporate wide service that is
deployed in many sites. The service works over the public Internet or
corporate network (VPN). The service is a centrally controlled P2P type
service. The service has been developed to work on both
IPv4/NAT/ALG(proxy) and IPv6 using global addresses.
 - will the IPv6 solution be easier/faster/cheaper to deploy?
 - will the IPv6 solution be easier/cheaper to maintain and operate?
 - will the IPv6 service typically offer enhance features (allowing
content anywhere)?
 - will it be typical for services to be developed for both IPv6 and
IPv4/ALG or IPv6 first because it's easier or IPv6 only?
 - others?

2. One of the organization's existing corporate services is made
available to work over IPv6 with global addressing and it's time for a
software upgrade for that service. What is the case for moving this
service to dual stack or even single stack IPv6?
 - ??

From the replies to the original question, it seems that many
applications will be easier/cheaper to deploy and operate using IPv6
global addresses, but it's not clear how heavy the cost factor will be
in the decision making process.

Dwight