RE: Tiny fragments and IPv6

Stig,

This may be a bit out of scope but (since you asked) the following
is a proposal for segmentation/reassembly at a layer below IPv6 yet
above IPv4 (for tunnels) that mandates fragments not be overlapped:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-linkadapt-01.txt

A requirements document related to this spec was briefed at the
IETF64 v6ops session, but the spec itself will be targeted for
some other working group.

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com