Re: towards phasing out the 6bone

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 03:46:56PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> Daniel Roesen wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:14:17AM +0000, bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> >> 	will -ALL- 3ffe routes be filtered?  i don't  think
> >> 	this wil be the case.
> >
> > Sure. Why should there be any exception? I myself will definately filter
> > 3ffe BGP _and_ packet source/destination at the edge. And I'm seeing at
> > least BGP filtering coming at some large IPv6 ISPs coming too.
>
> What Bill means to say that there will always be places that are too
> lazy or simply won't act and thus will keep on using it, most of the
> times because they do not know that they are using it and of course
> because they simply don't care. He also tries to emphasize on "ALL"
> because it is not everywhere. (99.9999 % is still not 100%)

I read it different: I guess he wants to imply that there will be
"special important folks who still use 3ffe as they can't get over the
legacy who are SO important that the 3ffe filters will make exceptions
for those special highly important folks".

I seriously doubt that there are any of even nearly that importance.
Can think of none.

Best regards,
Daniel

--