Re: [RAM] Request to advance RFC4214 to Proposed Standard

On 2007-03-28 00:05, Templin, Fred L wrote:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-07.txt

but please note that this work (as well as ISATAP itself) derived
from an earlier work titled: "Virtual Ethernet".

If that means 6over4 a.k.a. RFC 2529, I'll observe that that work
went to PS eight years ago, but has not made it into the real world
despite a couple of successful implementations at the time - largely
because it depends on deployment of IPv4 multicast. iirc, the original
motivation for ISATAP was to provide an NBMA replacement for that
multicast requirement. Is that still an accurate characterization?

    Brian

(Fred & Kurtis - pls excuse this discussion continuing. While the question
may be out of charter, I think the parties with interest and experience
are all here.)