RE: [BEHAVE] Re: CPE equipments and stateful filters

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Remi.Denis-Courmont@nokia.com wrote:
Some low-speed radio links might need to be protected.
Whether it is a good or bad business model, it is a matter of
fact that some operators charge their users per-bit or
per-packet, and it seems like IPv6 will not bring a change
here.

I think this is what the argument boils down to. I.e., which mechanisms are applicable on low-speed radio links vs everywhere else.

I'd argue that because low-speed radio links already need to implement lots and lots of other protocol unpleasantry (I'd call it 'junk'), the scenario is not very interesting from a generic host perspective.

Maybe the best would be to recognize the (at least) two different scenarios and consider applicable solutions separately.