Re: [69ATTENDEES] DHCP

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:22:15PM +0100, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
> 	RA-only and DHCP-only houses there will surely be. They may be
> 	a majority; I just don't know.  Vendors and implementors will
> 	no doubt be happy to accommodate both of these, as they can offer
> 	a complete solution.  There will also be houses where neither of
> 	these quite meets the requirements (technical, layers 8 and above,
> 	or whatever).  These houses will need to profile their RA and DHCP
> 	services so that they "play nice" with each other.  They will look
> 	to vendors and implementors who will have taken care to allow
> 	different slices of either service to be disabled so that it can be
> 	offered only by the other service.
>
> 	One size just won't fit all.
>
> 	Stop me if I haven't noticed that this is all just a "violent
> agreement".

Well, I fully agree with you.  "Networks differ, so do requirements".

I have some issues with some folks from the DHCP camp refusing to understand
that there are operators that just follow a different operational model.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  122119

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279