Re: [69ATTENDEES] DHCP

"The alternative would be to have DHCPv6-lite servers *on the router*" is decidedly *not* a hypothetical suggestion. Cisco routers have DHCPv6-lite servers today. Therefore, the fundamental step in configuration is, in the abstract, "hand out this address to hosts for DNS service". Whether that configuration step alters the RA configuration or the DHCP configuration, and whether the address is distributed by ND or by DHCP is immaterial to the admin.

Restating what was said earlier in this thread: DHCPv6 is *not* just for assigning addresses and does *not* require a deployment model with a single DHCP server for the organization...

- Ralph