Re: [69ATTENDEES] DHCP

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 03:13:04PM +0200, Gunter Van de Velde (gvandeve) wrote:
> My believe is that either 'DHCP' OR 'RA' provides this exclusively and
> not by both.
> What if a host receives from both an announcement? (we could create
> policies etc... however
> policies just complicates these aspects.).
>
> Would central services not be best announced by a central capable
> technology?

As we discussed when considering DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 responses in a dual-stack
network, there is an assumption that responses are administratively set
to be consistent.   But there are appraoches to handle possible variances,
as per RFC 4477.

Many of those arguments could be made for RAs and DHCPv6.

Tim