Re: "DNS-4to6 automatic mapping" - No more DNS-ALGs & 6then4 DNS queries

Le Thursday 29 November 2007 20:18:59 todd@fries.net, vous avez écrit :
> So we hack the os to fix the broken dns servers. whee!  Progress!

Does OpenBSD refuse to work behind a NAT because it is not legal from RFC
perspective? Silly me, I almost forgot the pf own NAT implementation did not
even remotely match the IETF BEHAVE specifications.

There is a (rather small) market for OSes that do everything "right" from a
technical perspective, and there is a (rather large) market for OSes that
just works. As it happens, OpenBSD can afford to aim only at the first
market - good for you! Conversely, most computer users cannot afford to use
OpenBSD.

As such, I don't think we want to limit the relevance of IETF to *only* the
do-things-right market.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/