Re: new version of draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-03.txt

"The above-mentioned RFC3177 goals can easily be met by giving home users a /56 assignment by default."

I disagree. A /56 is still wasteful if we assume that home users are only going to need a very small number of subnets.

Additionally, many people will be tempted to start using a /56 for purposes that really need more subnets than about 250. Renumbering when a network needs its 257th subnet will be painful. It would be much better to a have a clear distinction between very small networks and all other networks, and not have a size that is still to large for most while at the same time being too small for some, even if they don't realize it at first.

So I'd like to see /60 for consumers and /48 for anyone who feels /60 isn't enough.