draft for Translator discussion

Hi all,

Now we have big wave of translator discussion.
As RFC4966 deprecated NAT-PT, it is good thing to discuss on
alternatives.

On the other hand, I have some concerns.

a) Time frame.
	2010 is very close.
	Short term view is desired by the market as well as long term view.

b) Target devices.
	It is good thing to design translation technologies to resolve
	all issues listed in RFC4966.
	Some translator proposals require modification to IPv6 end-devices.
But we have to be aware that we already have many IPv6 devices deployed.

	So, we should take care of following kind of devices.
	- IPv4 devices
	- Existing IPv6 devices
		These does not have special code to work with translator.
	- Future IPv6 devices
		These has special code to work with translator.

To prepare the coming IPv6 deployment, we need to clarify what is required for
which kind of device by when.

To ask your opinion, I described my concern briefly.(just as the first step) When we consider the tranlator, this kind of document itself is also required not to
produce the missing part, I think.

http://www.tahi.org/~miyata/doc/draft-miyata-v6ops-trans-approach-00.txt
(I submitted it to IETF)

Please take a glance and give your comments. It is very short one.

Thanks,

....miyata