Re: v4 side unmodifiable

I don't think is a good idea to modify IPv4. It is the same difficulty than
having IPv6 in those boxes where the manufacturers aren't longer in the
market, they have no spare memory, or whatever.

And I believe is not good to make a difference between what is a server and
a client from this perspective. May be need to look into concrete examples,
but it is looking already for a solution too early ?

We should really focus in trying to make it in the hosts that are have an
IPv6 stack.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>
> Responder a: <owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Fecha: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:31:54 -0800
> Para: IPv6 Operations <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Asunto: v4 side unmodifiable
>
> Jari basically said this ^^
>
> However, although I agree it's true in the general case, I think for
> non-trivial servers/services, this isn't true: if there is a good
> reason to make changes on the IPv4-only side, it may be possible to
> make them.

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org