Re: elmo-use-database?

At Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:12:29 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

> on Fri Dec 11 2009, Vitaly Mayatskikh <v.mayatskih-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> >> So there's nothing here for us Gnu Emacs users?
> >
> > What do you expect from this db functionality? :)
>
> Well, info wanderlust sez:
>
>   `M-j'
>        Jump cursor to the message which have specified `Message-Id:'.  If
>        `elmo-use-database' is non-nil, other folder is also searched.
>        (`wl-summary-jump-to-msg-by-message-id')
>
> which makes me think I could get closer to my desired "find the whole
> thread from INBOX" feature.

I know it's a bit much for your specific desire, but I've been using
offlineimap to download my All Mail folder from GMail, which I then
index with mairix, and then search mairix from within WL.  Mairix has
the ability to mairix-search-thread-this-article, which will give me
all the emails I've sent or received in that thread (and mighty fast,
too).  It also has the great side-effect of having access to all my
gmail whilst offline.

I'd be happy to share various config files in my setup if you're
interested.

Have a great weekend,
Per