Re: update maildir structure

At Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:58:06 -0500,
Rodrigo Amestica wrote:

> I see. Yes, C-u <enter> is basically what I was missing. Do you know
> what's the function bound to it (C-h k does not work well with the
> prefix)?

Hi Rodrigo -

C-u adds the Emacs ‘universal’ argument. Use C-h k C-u for a
description of this. C-h k <RET> will give you a description of the
Wanderlust command used, which is passed an argument by C-u.

> Yes, those 'm' commands work well. Before your reply I was lost and
> confused because C-k and C-y were driving me off road. Do you
> understand why is that I cannot freely yank (C-y) within the maildir
> structure ('not access group folder')? It seems that it would only
> let me yank a previously killed subfolder (C-k) to the same place or
> at the same level than the maildir path itself. I'm probably
> misunderstanding the meaning of killing and yanking in this context.
> I'm expecting to edit the directory structure under my maildir path.

As far as I can tell C-k and C-y do nothing more than edit your folder
list and subscribed folders in access groups. They should not add,
delete, or rename folders.

WL makes the distinction between access groups & folders. In your
~/.folders file you will notice access groups end in /. Access groups
are what you use to access, for instance, a whole set of Maildir
folders. Within an access group you may subscribe or unsubscribe to
different folder, or put them in an arbitrary order. But you cannot
use C-k and C-y to move a folder outside of its access group context.

However, outside of access groups, at the top level, or in groups, you
can use C-k and C-y to move folders around.

The manual has some more on this under the secrion ‘Editing folders’.

Hope that helps!

best,
Erik