Re: Fixed highlighting in draft mode

At Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:29:14 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

[...]

> > but I actually spoke to soon in support of this.  Adding this to my
> > initialisation code led to WL hanging when back in summary mode.
> > Hitting C-g was subsequently necessary any time I moved to a different
> > message in summary view to actually have the display take place.
> > Furthermore, I lost all face display in the summary buffer.
> >
> > Very strange.
>
> This sounds almost exactly like the sympom I was seeing before I was
> making after-change-functions buffer-local, and now that I've made
> that change I've had no trouble.  Are you sure you have the updated
> version?

Yes, I used the updated version.

> > I'd be happy to try to debug this behaviour if anybody wishes to give
> > me some hints.  The proper face use in draft mode was quite nice for
> > the short time I had it enabled!
>
> Well, you might try updating to later versions of everything.  I'm on
> trunk or nearly so with all four of the WL projects.

I've been resisting doing this because I manage a number of systems
and using the Debian apt tools make life very easy [1].  However, there
does reach a point when the number of improvements in the upstream
version make it worth my while.  I'm coming close to this point with
WL, I guess...  but I'm not there yet (too many lectures to give etc
to start on this now).

Thanks,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]  of course, if somebody has the ability and motivation to create
     deb packages as snapshots of the cvs (or git) repository...