error while sending mail

Hi all,
since yesterday i'm experiencing problems sending my mail over smtp. everything worked fine before that and i think i changed something in my config by accident but i can't figure out what. can somebody point me into the right direction? the backtrace reads:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  signal(wrong-type-argument (arrayp nil))
  byte-code("<some stuff i cant post here> [smtp-server recipients id err smtp-sasl-user-name smtp-sasl-mechanisms wl-draft-write-sendlog failed smtp smtp-response-error 535  elmo-remove-passwd format "SMTP:%s/%s@%s" signal server mechanism user] 6)
  wl-draft-send-mail-with-smtp()
  wl-draft-dispatch-message()
  wl-draft-normal-send-func(#<buffer %Drafts/1131> t)
  wl-draft-send(t)
  wl-draft-send-and-exit()

any pointers to what could be wrong are very appreciated!
TIA
sebastian