Re: Handling of MIME Errors Out---Help

At Sat, 06 Mar 2010 03:29:47 -0600,
Daniel E. Doherty wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  I have the semi tar-ball called
> semi-201001201154.tar.gz
>
> I notice that in SEMI's Makefile, it starts with the following:
>
> ,----
> | #
> | # Makefile for SEMI kernel.
> | #
> |
> | PACKAGE = remi
> | API	= 1.14
> | RELEASE = 2
> |
> | FLIM_API= 1.14
> |
> | TAR	= tar
> | RM	= /bin/rm -f
> | CP	= /bin/cp -p
> `----
>
> This is the only reference to SEMI that I could find.
>
> I'm using emacs 23 on karmic, largely to take advantage of Org mode.
> That's also what prompted me to get into Wanderlust, which seems to be
> the best choice for an emacs-based mail client.
>
> Thanks for looking at this.

Hi Daniel -

I am glad to help.

As far as I know, this is not right. PACKAGE should be semi. This is
where I find reference to REMI, API=1.14, RELEASE=2:

  http://github.com/techarcana/semi/blob/cvs/remi-1_14/Makefile

This file is very old.

So I suspect something is wrong with your tarball. It seems like it
was built from the wrong git branch. Have you tried installing from
git?

  http://github.com/techarcana/semi

I agree that WL is the best choice for an emacs mail client!

best,
Erik