Re: filter message display in 'summary'?

Matt Price wrote:
>At Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:31:37 -0800,
>Erik Hetzner wrote:
>>
>> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
>> At Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:55:39 -0500,
>> Matt Price wrote:
>> > On this same topic -- I am trying to select only unanswered emails
>> > with:
>> > V !flag answered
>> >
>> > but the ! doesn't seem to be working for me -- both
>> > V !flag answered
>> > and
>> > V flag answered
>> >
>> > give the same result, which is unfortunatley the inverse of what I'm
>> > looking for.
>> Hi Matt -
>>
>> I can confirm this behavior on wl-beta on karmic, emacs22. It seems
>> like a bug.

>upgraded to 20100305 package from debian sid and still saw this
>behaviour.  couldn't find a wl bug report system so filed a bug with
>debian:
>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=573726
>if anyone wants to comment there.

I am quite certain this is a limitation of at least the imap
implementation: negating filter conditions for a local maildir works
fine.

,----
| /!flag:answered/.archive
`----

Lists all messages in my archive that are not flagged as answered.

Looking at the source (tm) of elmo-imap4.el suggests that a negated
search for messages is not (yet) supported.

Can anyone confirm this?

 -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6