Re: things i have never figured out

At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:27:10 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:22:29 -0400,
> David Abrahams wrote:
> > > is there a way to have commands such as a(nswer, n(ext, etc. work in the
> > > message buffer, as opposed to only when the cursor is in the summary
> > > buffer?
>
> a works for me. That is, when I type a in message buffer, I get a
> draft buffer for a reply.
>
> For n, p, try:
>
> (setq mime-preview-over-to-next-method-alist
>       '((wl-original-message-mode . (lambda ()
>                                       (wl-message-exit)
>                                       (wl-summary-next)))))
>
> (setq mime-preview-over-to-previous-method-alist
>       '((wl-original-message-mode . (lambda ()
>                                       (wl-message-exit)
>                                       (wl-summary-prev)))))
>
> Is that the functionality you need? It seems to work well for me.

along similar lines -- I would like to have a single key toggle the message-window whether point is actually in message or summary.  unfortunately the default keybinding for wl-summary-toggle-disp-msg is 'v', which is really important in message mode.  any suggestions for an unused key I could bind to the above in summary mode, and to a slightly modified function in IME mode, say,

(defun switch-to-summary ()
(interactive)
(other-window)
(wl-summary-toggle-disp-msg)
)

to give some really terrible example code.

thx again,