Re: things i have never figured out

At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:27:10 -0700, Erik Hetzner <ehetzner@gmail.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: things i have never figured out

> At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:22:29 -0400,
> David Abrahams wrote:
> >
> > At Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:17:14 +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > >
> > > what is equivalent of VM's b(ounce of a message, e.g. resend with
> > > Resent-headers not altering From: etc.?  wl-summary-reedit changes the
> > > From: etc.  ~ does not let me edit the message buffer.
>
> Check attached for a start. This adds a new function
> wl-summary-reedit-no-from. I think that you could easily add resent
> headers as necessary.

I found some time ago that very few, if any, of the recipients I
normally wanted to forward messages on to with all other headers
unaltered, as one should be able to do with the standard RFC "resent-"
headers, would know what to do with a "resent-" message in order to
examine the original headers.

I found instead that it was best to forward messages as a message/rfc822
MIME attachment, using wl-summary-forward.

--
						Greg A. Woods
						Planix, Inc.

<woods@planix.com>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/