Re: mbox from wl?

At Thu, 01 Apr 2010 02:02:55 -0400,
Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Actually it would be really Really REALLY(tm) nice _not_ to have to
> convert mbox files to access them directly with WL.
>
> I still have to run VM (or just grep and less) to access my old folders.
>
> I most definitely will not convert them to anything but IMAP, and never
> _ever_ Maildir, not ever, no matter what.  :-)
>
> Currently pushing them up to my IMAP server is way too tedious to
> consider doing.

Hi Greg -

I agree about preferring IMAP, although my IMAP server (dovecot) uses
Maildir underneath. (I guess that you should avoid dovecot. :) )

In any case, the code I posted should allow you read-only access to
your mboxes. You could even use it to copy messages from mbox to your
IMAP server if you like.

If somebody looked at the code I linked to & ensured that it did not
do anything bad, perhaps the maintainers could add read-only mbox
support to a later release of WL.

best,
Erik