Re: wl hangs on hibernate

At Mon, 05 Apr 2010 09:44:06 -0400,
David Abrahams wrote:

> At Mon, 05 Apr 2010 07:40:39 -0400,
> Rodrigo Amestica wrote:
> >
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > having the same problem here. no ideas on how to avoid it. as you said,
> > it must be wl related, independent tramp frames would reconnect
> > successfully after clearing all connections.
>
> If I remember to `M-t M-t' after I come back from sleep, I don't have
> any problems.  Otherwise, I'm stuck but can get out of it with lots of
> `C-g's.  I think I also set up a script to kill all openssl
> connections when sleep ends; not sure if that's part of the equation.

hopefully i'll be ok now, but if I run into some trouble with the little script I wrote (actually I don't think ubuntu will use hibenate automatically, so sometimes i'll suspend w/ pm-utils, and the hibernate scriptlet won't run) i'll try to remember M-t M-t; and maybe I'll reach a critical mass of C-g's -- i've sat there for what seems like a *very* long time C-g'ing, and only once had any useful reults therewith.  I guess using emacsclient is another possible solution.

> I agree this is very frustrating; it would be nice if wl could time
> out and retry its queries sooner.  FWIW, I had a similar problem with
> Gnus.

do you think it's a timeout problem?  I've tried just leaving emacs up while I go and do other stuff (like makel unch) for an hour or so, and when I come back I'm pretty sure it's always still frozen.

matt