not downloading mail after initial setup

Hello,
I believe my earlier problem with loading WL is fixed, but now when I
load WL from M-x wl, it asks for my gmail password. When I first gave
it the password, it said I had missing folders (presumably ones that I
specified in my .emacs) and asked if I wanted it to make them. I said
yes to the folders, and now when I open WL, it takes me to a "Folder"
buffer that lists several folders with icons:

 [-]Desktop:0/0/0
   Inbox:0/*/*
   Mailinglists:0/*/*
   Drafts:0/0/0
   Sent Mail:0/*/*
   Junk:0/*/*

except there's no mail downloaded to any of them. I got the WL info in
my .emacs from http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html (and it has worked
for others online). I put it below (substituting myUsername):

;; wanderlust
(autoload 'wl "wl" "Wanderlust" t)
(autoload 'wl-other-frame "wl" "Wanderlust on new frame." t)
(autoload 'wl-draft "wl-draft" "Write draft with Wanderlust." t)

;; IMAP
(setq elmo-imap4-default-server "imap.gmail.com")
(setq elmo-imap4-default-user "myUsername@gmail.com")
(setq elmo-imap4-default-authenticate-type 'clear)
(setq elmo-imap4-default-port '993)
(setq elmo-imap4-default-stream-type 'ssl)
(setq elmo-imap4-use-modified-utf7 t)

;; SMTP
(setq wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls)
(setq wl-smtp-posting-port 587)
(setq wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain")
(setq wl-smtp-posting-user "myUsername")
(setq wl-smtp-posting-server "smtp.gmail.com")
(setq wl-local-domain "gmail.com")

(setq wl-default-folder "%inbox")
(setq wl-default-spec "%")
(setq wl-draft-folder "%[Gmail]/Drafts") ; Gmail IMAP
(setq wl-trash-folder "%[Gmail]/Trash")

(setq wl-folder-check-async t)

(autoload 'wl-user-agent-compose "wl-draft" nil t)
(if (boundp 'mail-user-agent)
    (setq mail-user-agent 'wl-user-agent))
(if (fboundp 'define-mail-user-agent)
    (define-mail-user-agent
      'wl-user-agent
      'wl-user-agent-compose
      'wl-draft-send
      'wl-draft-kill
      'mail-send-hook))

It seems like I missed something pretty basic in the setup, but I
haven't been able to find the problem or solution online. One possible
problem that I saw after running make on WL was a couple of entries:

gnus-mime-setup is not found.
emh-setup is not found.

but since it continued and started up fine, I assumed these wouldn't
indicate anything problematic. On a final note, I'm running Aquamacs
(a Mac OS variant) that's based on GNU Emacs 22.3.1.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Chris