Re: not downloading mail after initial setup

Chris Beard wrote:
>Hello,
>I believe my earlier problem with loading WL is fixed, but now when I
>load WL from M-x wl, it asks for my gmail password. When I first gave
>it the password, it said I had missing folders (presumably ones that I
>specified in my .emacs) and asked if I wanted it to make them. I said
>yes to the folders, and now when I open WL, it takes me to a "Folder"
>buffer that lists several folders with icons:

> [...]

>It seems like I missed something pretty basic in the setup, but I
>haven't been able to find the problem or solution online.

Sounds stupid, but: You did enable IMAP support for your gmail
account?

If this is the case and it still doesn't work you might enable
debugging for imap by putting

(setq elmo-imap4-debug t)

in your .emacs and look at the communication between Wanderlust and
gmail in the buffer "*IMAP4 DEBUG*" -- or send content of the buffer
so we can look what's going wrong.

Additionally you might also try to open the folder with an absolute
path as suggested by Erik.

This in .folders works for my gmail account:

%Inbox:"maus.david@gmail.com"/clear@imap.gmail.com:993! "Inbox Gmail"

HTH
 -- David

--