Re: Wanderlust beginner part 2

At Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:46:20 +0100,
Simon Brown wrote:

> At Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:25:34 -0400,
> Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > If you're not running the CVS version, try that -- it's orders of
> > magnitude faster at scanning IMAP folders.  I see WL scan over 240
> > folders in less than 5 seconds with emacs running on the same
> > (2xHT-core) machine as my Cyrus IMAP server.  That seems very fast to
> > me, and is more than fast enough at start-up time, or for whenever I
> > occasionally hit 's' on the "inbox" folder.
>
> How easy is it to install the CVS version (Do people still really use
> CVS by choice?) I'm very reluctant to move away from packages unless
> it's very easy. Wanderlust appears to have a lot of dependancies.

Good news is: You already use a development version ;)

,----
|  FLIM/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL/10.7 Emacs/23.1.50 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
|  MULE/6.0 (HANACHIRUSATO)
`----

There is a tar ball of a more recent development snapshot located at

http://www.jpl.org/elips/wl/snapshots/wanderlust-201004151802.tar.gz

Debian based distros (e.g. Debian, Ubuntu) ship a current snapshot in
the package wl-beta.

HTH
 -- David

--