Re: Wanderlust beginner part 2

At Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:46:20 +0100,
Simon Brown wrote:

> […]
>
> I've some what blindly added this code but nothing seems to have
> changed, I could very well have misunderstood
>
> what I was hoping for, was to be able to define just %/ in my folders
> and end up with a hierachy like:
>
> server
>        mbox1
>        mbox2
>        subfolder
>                 mbox3
>                 mbox4
>        mbox5
>
> what I currently have is a folders of
> %/
> %sub1/
> %sub2/
>
> which results in
>
> server
>         root
>                 mbox1
>                 mbox2
>         sub1
>                 sub1/mbox3
>                 sub1/mbox4
>
> I think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

I’m not sure what you mean here.

After changing wl-folder-hierarchy-access-folders, you need to
regenerate the hierarchy. In the Folders buffer, close the access
group, then open with:

  C-u <RET>

If that didn’t work, here is a starting point for that variable. If
you have one level of IMAP hierarchy, separated by / or ., try:

(setq wl-folder-hierarchy-access-folders

In my ~/.folders, I have:

  %:me@example.org:993!/

and folders like:

  list.wl-en

and this regex works. If you need more, Greg Woods seems to have a
very nice setting for wl-folder-hierarchy-access-folders.

best,
Erik