problems decoding base64 text/plain utf-8

I just tried to read a message with the following MIME headers:

but I was told:

	Can't decode current entity.

(the BASE-64 blob looks Ok, and the message was on the Git list and many
others seem to have been able to decode it as their replies show the
original text)

I was quite surprised by this, despite the fact I'm using a relatively
old Emacs (22.3).  mule-diag shows that my current language environment
is UTF-8.  I can view the HELLO document reasonably completely.
(i.e. with relatively few empty boxes, most for things like Tamil,
Hindi, Malayalam, etc.)  This is better even than Emacs-23.1 running
from my Mac OS-X system, but with both 22.3 and 23.1 displaying in an
X11 environment running on the OS-X system -- the difference is no doubt
due to the different toolkit libraries used in the 23.1 build on OS-X as
I see some distinctly anti-aliased fonts in its display, and those are
the ones missing on the 22.3 display.

Any ideas on what I should try to fix this?

--
						Greg A. Woods
						Planix, Inc.

<woods@planix.com>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/