Re: folder checking is not working.

Per B. Sederberg wrote:
>I guess other IMAP clients, such as Thunderbird, which I think does
>get proper new mail notification, must keep a list of unread messages,
>which they scan each time they check for new mail.

Thinking of it: Using the number of unread or total messages might be
unreliable if more than one client is accessing the mailbox but this
is true for the \recent flag as well.  If WL checks for recent
messages and another client is doing something (what equals: anything)
on the same mailbox, WL might not get information about recent
messages: If they were seen by the other client, they are not recent
anymore and won't show up in WL.

So, it is reasonable to assume that if two clients access the same
mailbox and these two clients are not the same person, then these IMAP
users know that their doing will affect each other -- and in turn it
is reliable enough to track the number of unread messages in wl-biff.
An increase in this number indicates a new message if (and only if)
recent messages have been reported to be zero.

If no one objects, I'll implement this in the working branch
`elmo-imap4-compliance' where there is already a slot (variable) that
tracks the mailbox size.

  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6