Re: Counfounding MIME

At Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:23:19 -0400,
David Abrahams wrote:
> Heh, naturally `C-c C-t C-c' just shows a bunch of garbled text,
> probably because as you say, the mime type is wrong.  Now, the problem
> is that that mime type was inserted by Apple Mail (2.1081), so if it's
> wrong, it's a very common wrongness that WL should work around.

(add-to-list 'mime-image-format-alist '(image jpg jpeg))

Restart WL (possible emacs).

Probably this should be added to mime-image.el in SEMI head.

> > Maybe I am missing something, but I think that the lines in mailcap
> > that matter are the image/jpg lines.
>
> Sure... WL doesn't do wildcard matches in the mailcap?  If it did, */*
> should work.

Sorry, missed that. Yes, WL does wildcard matching.

> > Finally, sometimes C-u v helps; it ignores
> > mime-acting-situation-example-list.
>
> Not in this case; it just says "No method are specified for nil" and
> asks if I want to save to disk.

I am attaching an JPEG with type image/jpg using WL. If it works OK
for you with v, there may be other problems with Apple Mail attachments.

image/jpg

best, Erik