Re: exchange status errors

At Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:11:34 -0600,
Eric Larson wrote:

> I actuall did check it out and give it a try. In fact, I'm pretty sure
> that is what I'm using now :)
>
> Unfortunately I still see the problem. Just to verify, the way I've
> tested is:
>
>  1. make && make install
>  2. restart emacs
>  3. start up wl
>
> Would I potentially be using cached .elc files?

make && make install should be enough, as long as the place you
install WL into is in your load-path.

Actually you don't even need the make install step -- simply add the
subdirectories 'wl', 'elmo', and 'utils' to load-path.

E.g.: I have checked out WL in .emacs.d/site-lisp, ran make and added
this to my Emacs configuration file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/elmo")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/wl")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/utils")

To see if the patched version is active (setq elmo-imap4-debug t), to
some mail-stuff, and look for debug messages stating "mailbox size
adjusted".

> I've never done anything to complicated with emacs lisp, so any
> resource to help me debug are appreciated as well.

One nice thing to have is the elisp-debugger: If you evaluate a
function using

C-u C-M-x

Emacs will stop at this function if it is called and you can step
through it (<spc>) and evaluate local symbols (<e>).

> > So the lowercase answer should not be the problem because the tokes
> > are uppercased.  The error message you get indicate that grabbing the
> > tokens works.
> >

> This is where I've been looking and trying to add log messages. I also
> tired moving the upcase to different parts of the function. My
> debugging is pretty random as I don't really know lisp very well.

Did I mention the elisp-debugger ;) Less log-messages, because you can
look at the symbols while you are at the function.

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6