Re: exchange status errors

At Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:59:52 +0100,
David Maus wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> At Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:11:34 -0600,
> Eric Larson wrote:
> >
> > I actuall did check it out and give it a try. In fact, I'm pretty sure
> > that is what I'm using now :)
> >
> > Unfortunately I still see the problem. Just to verify, the way I've
> > tested is:
> >
> >  1. make && make install
> >  2. restart emacs
> >  3. start up wl
> >
> > Would I potentially be using cached .elc files?
>
> make && make install should be enough, as long as the place you
> install WL into is in your load-path.
>
> Actually you don't even need the make install step -- simply add the
> subdirectories 'wl', 'elmo', and 'utils' to load-path.
>
> E.g.: I have checked out WL in .emacs.d/site-lisp, ran make and added
> this to my Emacs configuration file:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/elmo")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/wl")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/wanderlust/utils")
>
> To see if the patched version is active (setq elmo-imap4-debug t), to
> some mail-stuff, and look for debug messages stating "mailbox size
> adjusted".
>

> > I've never done anything to complicated with emacs lisp, so any
> > resource to help me debug are appreciated as well.
> >

> One nice thing to have is the elisp-debugger: If you evaluate a
> function using
>
> C-u C-M-x
>
> Emacs will stop at this function if it is called and you can step
> through it (<spc>) and evaluate local symbols (<e>).
>
> > > So the lowercase answer should not be the problem because the tokes
> > > are uppercased.  The error message you get indicate that grabbing the
> > > tokens works.
> > >

> > This is where I've been looking and trying to add log messages. I also
> > tired moving the upcase to different parts of the function. My
> > debugging is pretty random as I don't really know lisp very well.
>
> Did I mention the elisp-debugger ;) Less log-messages, because you can
> look at the symbols while you are at the function.
>
> Best,
>   -- David

Just wanted to follow up. My temporary solution is to just use
offlineimap. I considered fetchmail + dovecot and davmail but
fetchmail had problems authenticating which prevented me from ever
getting to the dovecot aspect and davmail didn't support the imap
search calls correctly. Offlineimap is pretty much like fetchmail, but
it does seem to fail every so often which is frustrating.

I'll keep trying to debug this though in some free time and keep an
eye our for any fixes folks publish here.

Thanks again for all the help! I've tried VM, Mew and Gnus, none of
which hold a candle to wanderlust.

Eric