Re: Help! wl is hanging when opening the inbox

Well, I was about to say it was working again this morning, but now it's hanging a different way: "Opening STARTTLS connection to '.....'" Normally that takes just a couple of seconds, but it's been stuck there for the last five minutes.

So I guess now it's worth asking -- does a later version of wl improve network handling? I'm using wl-beta currently. It's the biggest weakness I see: everything is synchronous, and if something goes wrong in the network layer, there is no way to recover except to kill Emacs. Less than robust.

If this is handled better in git head, I'll have a crack at building my own.

Oh, and... because it hung before I could save the folder state, I now have to reload my entire inbox a second time this morning (3500 messages). :)

It's quite puzzling. I haven't applied any system updates -- literally, wl was working perfectly last night and just suddenly broke when updating the inbox. Maybe Gmail changed something? I don't know.

Thanks,
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world