Re: is gmail imap biff issue resolved?

At Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:17:23 +0530,
Deepak Tripathi wrote:
> Still not, messages are not coming automatically until unless i will use "s".

If pressing "s" works I suppose we can rule out a problem with access permissions.

Now we have to find out what goes wrong.

1. Create a backup of your .folders file and remove all other folder
definitions but the single ".OTHERS" (not in a group, no petname")

.OTHERS

2. If this still does not work check if the biff-function is called
for the folder.

To do this we have to enable Emacs' debugger for this function.  So
first quit Wanderlust.  Jump to the function `wl-biff-check-folder'

C-h f wl-biff-check-folder RET

It shows the description of the function and provides a link to
`wl-util.el' (the file where the functions is defined).  Hit enter on
the link and a buffer opens with point (cursor) in front of this
function.

Now enable the debugger for this function

C-u C-M-x

Having the debugger enabled means that Emacs will stop in this
function as soon as it is called.  Fire up Wanderlust and if the
function was not triggered call `wl-biff-check-folders'

M-x wl-biff-check-folders RET

Two things might happen: Either it nothing happens, meaning that WL
does not perform a biff check for the folder at all.

Or Emacs stops in the function `wl-biff-check-folder'.  If this
happens use

e folder RET

meaning: Evaluate (=show value of) the variable folder.  What does it
read?

HTH,
  -- David
--