Re: Further Conversation View / org-wl-store-link Enhancements

At Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:08:42 -0800, Erik Hetzner wrote:

> > > Wouldn’t it be better if we could use:
> > >
> > >   [[mid:m2pqvs5byz.wl%dave@boostpro.com][Email from David Abrahams: Conversation View / org-wl-sto]]
> >
> > […]
> >
> > Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't save enough information to get back
> > to the full conversation.
>
> What is missing, if the message id used is the root message of the conversation?

Well, in that case what's missing is the message id of the actual
message.  It's important to me to be saving links /to individual
messages/ in the context of their threads.  A simple message-id might
be enough to get you there on some interfaces, like gmane, but not in
wl.  You could of course do it with a 2-step query in wl: look up the
message first, to get its root, and then get all the other messages in
the thread.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing