Re: Further Conversation View / org-wl-store-link Enhancements

At Mon, 20 Dec 2010 00:09:31 -0900,
Dave Abrahams wrote:

> […]
>
> Are all the improvements you cited above in that branch?

Yes, I believe so. But none of the org-mode integration is there.

> Also, I just realized I need to store a link when I send mail, too.
> That change is in:
>
>   https://github.com/dabrahams/elisp/commit/dd33d9d4da4216ee85bef0303d7fb392bcbb9686
>
> > Regarding org-mode, I am going to propose to the org-mode list a mid:
> > link (similar to RFC 2392). It has always kind of bothered me that org
> > mode mail links are tied to a folder & a mail reader.
>
> Did you make that proposal?  And how did it go over?

No, I haven’t thought it through yet. I did notice that org-mac.el
defines a message:// link type which is essentially the same, so I
think it might be good to work with that package.

> > Wouldn’t it be better if we could use:
> >
> >   [[mid:m2pqvs5byz.wl%dave@boostpro.com][Email from David Abrahams: Conversation View / org-wl-sto]]
>
> […]
>
> Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't save enough information to get back
> to the full conversation.

What is missing, if the message id used is the root message of the conversation?

best, Erik