Installing wl on Maemo

At Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:16:37 +0900,
Randy Bush wrote:

> i am a wl user.  i have a fresh macosx machine.  what is the most
> straightforward way to do a clean machine install of wl, including
> APEL, FLIM, and SEMI?

So I'm in a similar position at the moment, except that my fresh
machine is a Maemo 5 ("Freemantle") machine, a Nokia N900. I've
started a new thread as I don't want to hijack Randy's; just
referenced him because it seemed similar.

I have Emacs 23.1 from http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MaemoEmacs.

I'm using APEL, FLIM, SEMI and WL from github:

https://github.com/wanderlust/apel
https://github.com/wanderlust/flim
https://github.com/wanderlust/semi
https://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust

But I've downloaded gzipped snapshots rather than git cloning the
repositories (as there's no git package in the stable Maemo
distribution).

I've put each of these directories in my Elisp library directory,
~/.elisp.

Then tried to compiled them in order:

$ cd ~/.elisp/apel
$ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
$ cd ~/.elisp/flim
$ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
$ cd ~/.elisp/semi
$ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
$ cd ~/.elisp/wanderlust
$ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/

By the time I get to make in wanderlust, I get lots of "Cannot open
load file" errors, first for std11.el (which is part of FLIM) and then
for install.el (which is part of APEL).

Best,
Richard
--