Re: Installing wl on Maemo

At Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:05:58 +0000,
Richard Lewis wrote:

> Then tried to compiled them in order:
>
> $ cd ~/.elisp/apel
> $ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
> $ cd ~/.elisp/flim
> $ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
> $ cd ~/.elisp/semi
> $ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
> $ cd ~/.elisp/wanderlust
> $ make LISPDIR=~/.elisp/
>
> By the time I get to make in wanderlust, I get lots of "Cannot open
> load file" errors, first for std11.el (which is part of FLIM) and then
> for install.el (which is part of APEL).

In case anyone cares, more details.

I was trying to avoid make install'ing these packages. The Emacs 23
deb package I'm using installs itself under /opt/emacs-blah-blah/. So
I symlinked /usr/share/emacs to /opt/emacs-blah-blah/share. This
/share directory contains the usual site-lisp/, 23.1/
etc. directories. I think symlinked from
/usr/share/emacs/site-list/apel to ~/.elisp/apel/ and similar for flim
and semi.

Now it all compiles and, even better, it actually works! So I now have
emacs, wl, bbdb, org-mode running on my phone!

Best,
Richard
--
Richard Lewis