Re: How to poll imap server periodically?

At Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:32:04 -0700,
Aravind Gottipati wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Herbert J. Skuhra <hskuhra@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > C-h v wl-biff-check-folder-list
> >

> Thank you, I saw that var, but I assumed it had something to do with
> the old biff program and was talking about checking mail in some
> maildir (or mbox) directories.  I didn't realize the same var could be
> used for checking imap folders.
>
> >> Also, while its fetching mail, emacs seems to hang, is this
> >> normal?  I do have wl-folder-check-async set to t.
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I assume there isn't an easy fix for this?  Are there any patches
> (experimental even) floating around to address this?

Not that I am aware of. As far as I understand this "hang" it's simply
that the Emacs process is occupied with fetching the
messages. I.e. there is no threading ("multiple processes") in Emacs.

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6