Re: Connecting org-mode notes with WL

At Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:59:23 -0700,
docgnome wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm not really sure if this should be a question for the org-mode
> folks or for the WL folks or both. I run WL for all my email and
> often at work I'll need to call someone to follow up on an email. I
> log all my phone calls with org-mode. Later however, when going
> through my emails I, obviously, have no record of that phone call. I
> was wondering if someone could suggest a way to connect my org-mode
> notes to an email in some way. The only thing I can really come up
> with is emailing myself the contents of a phone call record. Which I
> guess wouldn't be too bad if I wrote some glue to simplify the
> process. Something along the lines of org-refile maybe. Any thoughts?

Hi,

Here’s an idea. Create a WL link in an org mode file, which will
contain the message id. Then create an emacs function to extract the
message id and perform a regex search on one or more org-mode files.

(defun egh:org-wl-find-entry ()
  (interactive)
  (let* ((msg (elmo-message-entity
               wl-summary-buffer-elmo-folder wl-summary-buffer-current-msg))
         (id (elmo-message-entity-field msg 'message-id)))
  ;;    ... do something in org mode ...

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.