Re: multiple sends for one message

At Fri, 20 May 2011 13:47:49 -0500,
david webb wrote:

> just got wl up and working (i thought)
>
> send out a message for test, open evolution to find 5-6 copies of the
> mail have been sent. where should I begin looking to fix this problem?
>
> I noticed that upon starting up wl it contacts my gmail account multiple
> times during the course of writing one draft

Could it be that you've sent the message from your gmail account to
exactly the same account *and* use the gmail IMAP account for messages
(wl-fcc) and draft messages (wl-draft-folder)?

This could explain the multiple messages in you gmail inbox: IIRC the
content of the sent folder appears in your inbox, too, and for some
reason using a draft folder on a gmail account causes some draft
messages appear in the inbox, too.

WL contacting the when writing a draft indicites that you've set up
wl-draft-folder to be a gmail IMAP folder and is, as far as the
overall process of drafting a message goes, perfectly normal.

If you don't really need the draft functionality you could make
the draft folder a local folder.

My setup:

;; Use local maildir folders for drafts and trash.
(setq wl-draft-folder ".drafts")
(setq wl-trash-folder ".trash")
(setq wl-queue-folder ".queue")

HTH,