Fwd: best practice for installing wanderlust?

hello,

I used wanderlust for about 6 months until something broke in my setup and I found myself unable to load folders anymore.  I've just been reading on the wl list about el-get so I thought I'd give it another try.  I semi-successfully installed el-get and the latest wl, but am still plagued by the same error on opening my imap folder:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  luna-apply-generic(nil elmo-msgdb-flags nil 707353)
  elmo-msgdb-flags(nil 707353)
  #[(folder numbers flag-table) "

(the full backtrace is attached -- firefox won't let me paste in the whole thing.)

Does anyone know what that's about?  I can't figure it out; will happily share my wl-init.el & folders if that seems important.

Thanks much,

matt