Re: Fwd: best practice for installing wanderlust?

Hi Matt,

At Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:45:30 -0400,
Matt Price wrote:

> hello,
>
> I used wanderlust for about 6 months until something broke in my setup and I found myself unable to load folders anymore.  I've just been reading on the wl list about el-get so I thought I'd give it another try.  I semi-successfully
> installed el-get and the latest wl, but am still plagued by the same error on opening my imap folder:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
>   luna-apply-generic(nil elmo-msgdb-flags nil 707353)
>   elmo-msgdb-flags(nil 707353)
>   #[(folder numbers flag-table) "
>
> (the full backtrace is attached -- firefox won't let me paste in the whole thing.)
>
> Does anyone know what that's about?  I can't figure it out; will happily share my wl-init.el & folders if that seems important.

Did you try to remove the message db and let WL build a new one?

rm -Rf /home/matt/.elmo/imap/mailbox126.utcc.utoronto.ca/pricemat/inbox

If so and the problem still persists it could be helpful if you run WL
non-byte-compiled. E.g. change to the path where el-get installs WL
and remove the byte-compiled files (*.elc). This way the backtrace
might provide some more information.

Best,
  -- David
--