Re: Fwd: best practice for installing wanderlust?

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David, thanks so much for this. I am travelling right now but will
> try this out soon. I set up a minimal emacs environment and it looks
> like that solves this problem, so I'll use your method to try to
> bisect the error.  Thanks agian for your help,
> matt

i think I've found the problem (though still not quite sure); some
very old debian packages left configuration files in
/etc/emacs/site-start.d/; deleting those leftover configuration files
(there were several for wl-beta, flim,semi, and apel, some of them
fairly long) *seems* to have solved my problem.  If it recurs I will
try more formal testing.

as a site-effect, my emacs loads *much* fater fter deleting all the
cruft in there!

thanks,
matt