Re: problem with latest version on Debian

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:24:19 +0200, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:

> Eric S Fraga wrote:
> >[1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> >Hello,
>
> >having upgraded my Debian testing/unstable installation today, I find
> >that wanderlust has ceased to work properly.  I noticed that wl-beta
> >had been upgraded to 2.15.9+0.20100801-1.  The problem I am
> >encountering is that the message index in Summary doesn't seem to
> >match up with the message contents viewed when I go to any given
> >message.  Elmo is getting confused somehow.
>
> Yes, this was a mistake I made on 2010-08-01 and fixed 2010-08-09[1].
> Bad timing, you might want to file a bugreport to Debian that 20100801
> has this (nasty) bug.

Many thanks.  I have report this to Debian and can verify that the CVS
version works just fine.

> >On a related note, I am contemplating moving to the bleeding edge
> >version (to give it a try) but after searching on the mailing list, I
> >have not been able to find the actual repository to use.  Should I be
> >using the cvs version indicated in the main WL web site or is there
> >another one (I thought there was a git version that David was using)?
>
> The authoritative repository is CVS located at cvs.m17n.org
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.m17n.org:/cvs/root checkout wanderlust
>
> and there is the Git mirror on github:
>
> http://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust/

Thanks.  Funnily enough, although searching the mailing list didn't
tell me this, several emails I received today but only got a chance to
read after running into difficulties (chicken and egg problem
here... couldn't read my emails!) gave me this information.  In any
case, the cvs version works but I may track the git version as I'm
more comfortable with git these days (although I used cvs for years, I
seem to forgotten completely how to use it :-( ).

Thanks again,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D