Re: Missing emails from Gmail

At Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:18:06 +0100,
David Maus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:30:01 +0300,
> mackram@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hey Everyone,
> >
> > I am very new to wanderlust and have been giving it a try because I
> > would really like to get my mail in emacs. I have tried gnus and
> > rmail before and did not like them much mainly because they dropped
> > some emails (ie the email would be in my gmail inbox but not in gnus
> > or rmail). Unfortunately it seems to be the same issue with
> > wanderlust. I followed the online tutorials for setting wanderlust
> > with gmail and still some emails are missing. I have narrowed it
> > down to emails in threads that were started by me (ie I sent the
> > first message and everything else was a reply to me). I am fairly
> > certain that this a problem on my end but searching did not reveal
> > anyone having the same issue so I perplexed on where to start.
> >
> > I would really appreciate if anyone can point me in the direction of
> > the error and I will work on it.
>
> Just a wild guess: What is your sent-folder set to? I.e. C-h v wl-fcc
> RET -- maybe the message you send as an answer to the thread is stored
> somewhere else than Inbox?

I believe this is actually a gmail issue. That is, these messages are
not available via the IMAP interface. gmail collates messages in
conversations in the web view and sometimes those messages (sent
messages, in my experience) are not available in the IMAP inbox.

Hope that helps. There is not really a good solution to the
problem. The messages are available in your gmail archive.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.