Re: wl newbie, various questions

Hi Francesco,

At Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:42:59 +0100,
Francesco Mazzoli wrote:

> […]
>
> Well, you definitely need the headers since the matching is done on
> those.
>
> The problem with that workflow is that I'm on some high volume mailing
> lists that I don't follow that closely, and it's quite annoying to see
> those messages in my inbox when I'm not interested in them.

I just did a quick check: WL fetches only the message headers for an
auto-refile.

You can use `t R` to mark a thread read, `r R` to mark a region read,
or even use `?` to search, then `m R` to mark the “picked” messages as
read. Anyhow, it works for me with high-volume lists. Your mileage may
vary.

> > You might try imapfilter for this and the previous question. It lets
> > you write rules in lua to move messages around, mark them read, etc.
> > based on various conditions.
>
> I'd like to keep it to a single piece of software :). Considering how
> featureful and customizable wl is, I'm sure something can be hacked to
> do what I want.

Most likely! WL is very feature-full.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.