Re: Problems with draft/sent folders

At Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:39:07 +0200,
Karl F wrote:

> Thank you for the reply.
>
> > To test if your Fcc header is being set properly, try running
> > wl-draft-config-exec (C-c C-e) directly before sending your message
> > and verify that the Fcc header has been set.
>
> I tried C-c C-e, but it did not help. I also have:
> (add-hook 'wl-mail-setup-hook 'wl-draft-config-exec)
> which is sort of the same thing I guess.

Hi Karl,

Do you mean that it did not set the Fcc header? If so, this is your
problem, and your wl-draft-config-alist setting is wrong in some way.
Perhaps you can post it?

By the way, there is no need to add that hook unless you want your
wl-draft-config-alist applied when you create a draft.
wl-draft-config-alist will be applied before sending.

> […]
>
> Now I see that I sometimes have "Fcc:" correctly filled in the header,
> (which makes testing much easier). If I start writing a draft from the
> Folder-buffer (pressing "w") I have to re-select the template by
> cycling through them with C-c C-j for the "Fcc:" to show up. I was
> expecting C-c C-e to have the same effect, but no, it doesn't set
> "Fcc".
>
> However, if I'm already in the inbox Summary-buffer for my non-gmail
> account and do "w" the "Fcc" is set correctly when I start the draft.
>
> Any clues as to what is going on here? When "Fcc: ..." shows in the header it
>  works, so the problem is that it's not getting set all the time.

Yes, the problem is your wl-draft-config-alist variable is not being
correct and is not being applied to some messages.

It sounds like you also use wl-template-alist? This could complicate
things.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.